shout out to Andyb462

wheelie

Bigger Hammer
Nov 16, 2011
south of York, PA
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Big thanks to member @andyb462.

Andy held on to and stored the bed from his '47 pickup for months until I could get there to get it yesterday. So a big "Thank You" to Andy. And thanks for showing us your truck. It's a beautiful restoration that is nearing completion. The quality of work put into this truck is most excellent an inspirational. It's always great to meet forum members and this time was no different. Heck of nice guy with a great Willys truck that has a great story.

Wifey and me did an 18 hour turn around trip (turned out to be EXACTLY 18 hours, left driveway at 4:10am and backed in at 10:10 pm ---how 'bout dat) to finally accept this offering from Andy. Long day of driving about 1055 miles about half the time in rain and some dense fog at times. Some folks say we're crazy. Some folks say we're nuts. The things we jeep people do. But it's adventure as much as anything. And meeting good people who share a common interest. The story to tell.

And if I am crazy for doing stuff like this then this one takes the cake. Longest trip I've ever made for parts. But good parts and hard to find a bed this decent on the east side. And damn I like driving anyway, so why not.

Back