Lake Stevens, WA
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
Hi

I have to replace my serial ID tag, and I'm wondering if anyone has the right metal stamps or just use the 3/16 ones available now.
Thanks Dave

Hi Dave.....is the 3x5 data plate what you are talking bout?IMG_7043.jpg...if so then yes replacments are available as shown here as you can see,....we had a new one made for the White Beast a few years ago we photocopied old one and then sent it off to a place called ...DataPlates4U.com they have the new data plates for all years as well as the correct font number die stamps to make a new plate from any year make of truck, wagon, FC, Jeepster or standard jeep or variation
anyhow it was not too much maybe $50...and say a week when all said and done. might contact them see what they have to say bout it.
Have heard that other vendors might have these plates as well ...i dont know might look and see who has what. dont know if they are stamped or not or if you still need to get it made up but anyhow that is what we did and you can see how it turned out ....if you did not know,..... you could not tell difference!

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks Larry

I have ordered a plate already , was looking for the stamping and font. I'll check Jeepster Jim & Dataplates4u what's another $30

Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Dave,

I made a mistake it is not Jeepster Jim it is a place called Data Plates 4 U .com as noted in post above when you order a new plate they make you a new stamped exact copy of your old one so that when you get it back you simply screw it in place and you are done...... sorry for the confusion.

Larry

Last edited:
Back