Sep 12, 2020
Highland, Illinois
First Name
Robert
Willys Model
  1. Aero
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
The rear end of my 53 Aero Ace is sagging (several inches). Anyone know a source of new rear leaf springs, or had this problem and solved it w/o replacing the springs?

The rear end of my 53 Aero Ace is sagging (several inches). Anyone know a source of new rear leaf springs, or had this problem and solved it w/o replacing the springs?
i ordered new custom leaf springs for my Jeepster from a local spring shop. they weren't that expensive. you might try finding a shop near you. a spring shop may also be able to re arch your old springs.

Last edited:
Recommend re-arching what you have. You should be able to find someone local to re-arch. Check with truck and bus type places.

I have a used pair available. I'd call them settled, but not sagged. Cheap, but shipping wouldn't be.. Located near Detroit.

I wouldn't expect replacements to be available unless they interchange with another application.

I'm not aware of any.

If you want new, Eaton Springs (detroit) has the pattern & can make them. Not cheap though, mine were $687 delivered. They did not have bushings but Spring-N-Things did. I would check with them for a possible match before ordering from Eaton.

Back