Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
I just talked to a mechanic (or body) shop that has a 67 - 68? V6 Jeepster sedan that has to go away. It's supposedly in nice shape but the business has been sold. The owner who left it for work to be done can't be found. And there is no number plate on the firewall. (4 empty holes). He said he may need to junk it. He said it's in good shape. This guy DOES NOT want a parade of tire kickers, gawkers, dreamers or what not. Does anybody know where the frame is stamped, or a 2nd VIN plate? I will not give out the guys ph# number as of now. This is probably a vehicle that can't be registered.
Any takers no questions asked if it comes to that?
diggerG

I just talked to a mechanic (or body) shop that has a 67 - 68? V6 Jeepster sedan that has to go away. It's supposedly in nice shape but the business has been sold. The owner who left it for work to be done can't be found. And there is no number plate on the firewall. (4 empty holes). He said he may need to junk it. He said it's in good shape. This guy DOES NOT want a parade of tire kickers, gawkers, dreamers or what not. Does anybody know where the frame is stamped, or a 2nd VIN plate? I will not give out the guys ph# number as of now. This is probably a vehicle that can't be registered.
diggerG
Could be registered in a non-title state (Alabama) but would need some type VIN for sure. Mike

Problem is the shop owner doesn't exactly own it. And wants out of business. If he doesn't find the owner he calls the junk removal guy. That guy could be anybody on this site. Where the numbers are stamped on the frame would be good information to have. Anybody is welcome to call me for assistance on anything. 508 384 3495
diggerG

Nobody even knows WHERE the 67 Jeepster frame numbers are stamped?
diggerG

FWIW, the folks at Jeepsterman were trying to help the Epic crew find a Jeepster. Your shop owners or someone might want to give them a call.

diggerG
A little more on point info would help like the general location of the shop along with a pic or two; "supposedly in nice shape'?
As for tire kickers, gawkers, dreamers, and what not" those come with the territory. Especially without photos or details. Not sure what the the protocol is for separating the wheat from the chafe here.

A lot of states have a way to register vehicles that are lacking VIN's etc.. which is sometimes called "Special Construction". While I don't know all the details, it could be a way... I would think some sort of info is connected to the vehicle?

I'd be interested in the vehicle myself but without anything like a pic or location, it's a bit too vague to move on.

Good luck.

Get the shop to give you a notarized bill of sale if it goes sideways, lots of ways to get a title if the seller will help, a storage lean is easy...Phil

Back