1950 Willys “Trucktor” - Flooding issue

Hey yall! Success! I replaced the float valve and sure enough the seat for the needle was all mucked. She purring smooth again! took her for a victory lap down to the Yuba at sunset.

Thank you for all your help, community! May our old time creatures keep running smooth for us!
Nice job! Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Welcome to OWF from waayy down south behind the Orange Curtain. Like others, I envy your location and hope to spend some time up there poking around the sights.
Great looking truck, BTW love your name for it too!
I had an early Wagon with the (wt)F head and 5.38 axle ratios (which is what you have, hence making it great at tractor type pulling). I had big 'ol oversized tires on it as well and while it didn't do much for the performance (except in soft stuff) I thought it looked cool when I was 27 (and still do). You're in a better place to enjoy yours though, your back roads and ranch are what you truck was made for! (not the freeways of SoCal :( )

So congrats on your new acquisition and don't be a stranger! May I suggest you check out the "Where Was Your Willys Today" thread; take lots of pics of your Truck and Nevada County to post and share with, especially with those of us down here in the desert! Looking forward to seeing more of you!

Glad to hear you got it fixed. You missed a good RFTH Rally year before last. We met up in Sierra City and went over the mountains to Graeagle. Good trip.

Back