Chrysler Slant Six in a Pickup

I drove a 65 Dart with a slant 6. It had oiling problems once. The filter on that engine mounts upside down and at some point in it's life, part of a filter came out and ended up inside of the threaded pipe blocking about 90% of the area. It was a stainless round with semi circular cutouts on 4 sides, I assume part of a 1 way valve to keep the filter from draining. Anyway I've no idea how long it was there but after opening up the engine, it had clearly been there for a long time. Only found out when the oil light came on one day.

My oil issues were self inflicted. I'll spend all day making a bracket I wont use but I wont take the time to pop off a main cap when I KNOW the oil pump was plugged. My slant was pumping mainly fuel instead of oil and washed the bearings nice and clean. Randy when I bought the wagon it had a blown (up) slant 6 in it. Firewall was bashed in on passenger side for the valve cover. I did make it look as normal as possible and its really not horrible. A 1" thick plate between the T-90J and Mopar bellhousing was homemade.. I made a brass bushing for the pilot shaft. I couldn't buy one but it was simple. I used an adjustable throw out bearing just because.. a 10"Mopar pressure plate and a 10" GM 10 spline clutch disc. Home made motor mounts on the frame rails. Setting up the clutch fork is the trickiest hurdle. Downfall was the small 1/2" deep by 3" long notch in the front cross member. I really think though if you did some geometry you could avoid the notch.

Ford or chevy l6, 3.8 chevy v6 (sbc) or buick 232 v6.all are good for swaping.
..Phil
Which Chevy I6 are you talking about? I know the 235 (stove bolt) will fit because I've seen it done. I'd prefer the 230/250 series. It's a better (more modern) engine, and besides, I have a good one, but I've been told it won't fit without major surgery. I'd like to hear from someone who's done it, or tried to, before I put too much effort into something that isn't going to work anyway.

Back