Vintage Willys pictures

Heard of them but never saw one... Jeep in a crate.

iu

I liberated this advertisement from a site on the Brazilian production of the Willys which was carried out in conjunction with Ford in later years. In addition to a modified dash layout they also introduced a strut type independent front suspension in the 2 wheel drive models. From what I can tell they built the Rural (wagon) in Brazil until 1977 and the F-75 (pickup) until 1983. That is some production run. They definitely got their moneys worth out of those stampings.

W16.jpg

Last edited:
What fool hung that jeep and camper over the edge of a soft bluff? Did he get away with it I wonder.

All kinds of camper tops:

Dang... hopefully the next shot is back on flat ground:

View attachment 57778

How in the world did the front wheel get across that gully in the first place? It looks like someone had to work hard to get it into that position. At first I thought perhaps someone forgot to set the parking brake, but this looks more deliberate than that.

Looks high centered to me. I wonder if they forgot to set the parking brake/leave it in gear and it rolled away on them.

FlinthillsBen
1957 Willys L6-226 with 1960 chassis and Super Hurricane

Looks high centered to me. I wonder if they forgot to set the parking brake/leave it in gear and it rolled away on them.

FlinthillsBen
1957 Willys L6-226 with 1960 chassis and Super Hurricane

If it’s not Photoshopped, I wonder if the rock behind the Jeep was sloped to the left and it slid into the position shown.

Back